Tropicana Field, popularly referred to as The Trop, is a domed stadium in St. Petersburg, Florida, that has served as the home of the Tampa Bay Rays of Major League Baseball (MLB) since the team’s inception in 1998. The stadium is also used for collegiate football, and it hosted the St. Petersburg Bowl, an annual postseason bowl game, from December 2008 until December 2017. The arena is now Major League Baseball’s only non-retractable domed stadium, making it the league’s only year-round indoor venue. When obstructed-view seats in the uppermost sections are covered with tarps, as they are for most Rays games, Tropicana Field is the smallest MLB stadium by seating capacity.
Tropicana Field, formerly known as the Florida Suncoast Dome, first opened its doors in 1990. The Tampa Bay Lightning moved to the facility in 1993, and it was renamed the ThunderDome until 1996, when the team moved to their new home in downtown Tampa. Tropicana Products, a fruit drink manufacturer based in nearby Bradenton at the time, struck a 30-year naming rights arrangement in October 1996.
Tropicana Field cost how much?
Tropicana Field, formerly known as the Florida Suncoast Dome, has 1.1 million square feet of unique design features and fan facilities that are not found anywhere else in Major League Baseball. The $138 million arena first opened its doors to the public on March 3, 1990. With the introduction of the Tampa Bay Lightning, the area’s National Hockey League expansion franchise, it was renamed the ThunderDome in 1993. Tropicana Field was renamed Tropicana Field on October 4, 1996, as part of a naming rights arrangement between the Rays and Tropicana Dole Beverages North America of Bradenton.
What are the prices of Rays suites?
There’s nothing quite like sitting in one of the Tampa Bay Rays suites while watching a game. With excellent in-suite catering options, comfy seating for everyone, plenty of area to mingle, and features to make your event entertaining and inviting, the Tampa Bay Rays suites are designed to offer you and your guests the time of their life. Whether you’re entertaining family, friends, coworkers, or clients, the Tampa Bay Rays suites will provide a memorable experience for everyone. To reserve the suite that best matches your needs, contact your SuiteHop Customer Service Expert today.
How much do Tampa Bay Rays suites cost?
Regular-season Tampa Bay Rays games go from $1,900 to $8,500. The cost of a suite for other events varies greatly depending on the type of event.
The price of a Tampa Bay Rays suite varies according on the matchup, stadium location, seating arrangement, and services required.
How many Tropicana Field suites are available?
Suites at Tampa Bay Rays games are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate parties of all kinds.
For your Rays games, there are a total of 57 suites available. They are divided into the following categories:
Is it possible for you to bring food to the Rays game?
- Major League Baseball rules prohibit supporters from entering the field, throwing anything onto the field, or interfering with balls in play. Violations can result in ejection from Tropicana Field as well as criminal charges.
- While at Tropicana Field, you must wear appropriate clothing and footwear at all times.
- Tropicana Field is a non-smoking venue. On-property use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and chewing tobacco, is prohibited.
- Tropicana Field does not allow visitors to bring in outside food or drinks. It’s okay to bring a small, sealed bottle of water with you.
- Fans should be treated with respect. Language, gestures, or behavior that is derogatory or vulgar will not be accepted.
- It is illegal to solicit contributions or distribute material on ballpark grounds.
- Banners and placards are permitted and may be shown in the stadium as long as they are baseball-related, do not obstruct the view of other fans, and do not interfere with the playing surface or other ballpark signage. Derogatory language, gestures, or symbols are not permitted on signs. Tropicana Field administration maintains the right to remove any sign from the premises.
- Inside the stadium, bats, brooms, and umbrellas are permitted. It must be stored under your seat if it interferes with another fan’s enjoyment of the game.
- Beach balls, Frisbees, and other similar things are not permitted to be thrown in the stadium.
- Noisemakers, air horns, laser pointers, and other obnoxious or distracting devices are not permitted.
- Radios, computers, tablets, and other electronic devices are permitted in the ballpark if they do not obstruct other fans’ enjoyment of the game and are smaller than 16″x16″x8″.
- Still and video cameras are authorized as long as they are used for personal purposes and do not hinder the view of other fans. Tripods are not permitted. The broadcast of any description or reproduction of game activity, as well as the taping of game footage, are both prohibited.
What is the cost of powering a stadium?
A kilowatt per hour costs 12 cents on average in the United States. If we wish to run the stadium lights for 4 hours per evening for 15 evenings per month, the equation for metal halide lamps is 70,000 * 0.12 / 1000 and for LED bulbs it is 35,000 * 0.12 / 1000. Metal halide lamps would cost $8.4 per hour to run, while LED lamps would cost $4.2 per hour. If you use your lights for 6 hours per evening for 15 evenings per month, metal halide bulbs will cost $756 per month and LED lamps will cost $378 per month.
What is the smallest Major League Baseball stadium?
With a capacity of 56,000, Los Angeles Dodger Stadium is the largest stadium in the MLB. With a seating capacity of 25,000, Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg is the smallest venue in the league.
Is it legal to bring a purse to a Rays game?
Bags, purses, outside food, and tailgating are prohibited, although brooms up to three feet in length are permitted to be used to celebrate sweeping a division opponent. Fans will want to know about the new health and safety rules for the 2021 season before attending a game at Tropicana Field this season.
What is the purpose of the Tropicana Field chalk box?
The Chalk Box, located down the right field line, is Tropicana Field’s newest premium seating area. What used to be the front of sections 122, 124, and 126 is now one of the most popular places to watch a Rays game.
Chalk Box seats are extra-large, extra-padded chairs with armrests and some of Tropicana Field’s best legroom. Cupholders, a tiny table, and storage for bags, purses, and jackets are all included in each chair. The intention with these seats was to bring the comforts of home to the ballpark.
Most customers will also discover that their ticket comes with a credit for concessions and merchandise. The cost may vary, but most visitors will spend around $15. (easily enough for a hot dog and beer). The best way to take advantage of the credit is to order concessions using the MLB Ballpark App and have them brought to your seat.
For Rays home games, amenities are available. Some amenities may not be available or supplied for other events.
Please note that, in 2022, food availability, club admission, wait service, and other facilities may be subject to change without notice due to health and safety standards.