Amazon Pay UPI is similar to other BHIM UPIs like PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm, and others. There is no separate payment app for Amazon India. Amazon Pay is now available on the Amazon App.
Bill payments can be made with your Amazon Pay balance, Net banking, credit/debit card, or UPI. Check out this step-by-step tutorial on using Amazon Pay to pay your electricity bills.
Here is how to pay an electricity bill using Amazon Pay:
- On the Amazon Pay page, select the utility for which you wish to make a payment.
- After selecting the chosen company, fill in the account information and pick the ‘Fetch Bill’ option.
Note that Amazon only accepts bill payments up to the sum of Rs. 25,000. (i.e, any order of Rs. 25,000 or above will not be processed). This Rs. 25,000 restriction applies to all bill payment-related categories on the website, including electricity.
Is it possible to pay our electricity payment with an Amazon gift card?
Amazon Gift Vouchers has a variety of methods for paying utility bills. They began with the most basic services, such as mobile prepaid and postpaid, DTH, broadband, and utility bill payment through landline. They gradually included other utility bill payment services, such as electricity, piped gas, cylinder, water bill, municipal tax, and so on. The insurance premium is the most recent addition to the ever-expanding menu of utility bill payment options. Let’s take a look at some of the specifics of Amazon’s energy bill paying services:
- Mobile: Amazon provides a prepaid mobile recharge service as well as a postpaid mobile bill payment service. They’ve partnered with all of the major telecom companies, including Airtel, BSNL, Vodafone Idea, and Reliance Jio.
- DTH recharging: Amazon has partnered with Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel Digital TV, Sun Direct, and Videocon d2h for DTH recharge.
- Amazon employs the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) for power bill payments, which has a tie-up with all state and commercial electricity distribution firms. For a complete list of power bill payment firms, go to the Amazon website.
- Gas cylinders: Amazon has partnered with Bharat Gas to allow customers to book and pay for gas cylinders online. We can expect them to partner with Indane Gas, HP Gas, and private gas delivery firms in the future.
- Piped gas: Amazon has partnered with a number of companies that provide piped gas to residential consumers. Indraprastha Gas, Mahanagar Gas, MNGL, Adani Gas, Gail Gas Limited, Gujarat Gas, and others are among the well-known companies with which Amazon has partnered. For a complete list of piped gas businesses, go to the Amazon website.
- Amazon has partnered with different Municipal Corporations and water supply Authorities / Boards that provide water to households in various parts of the country to allow for the payment of water bills. For a complete list of water bill payment firms, go to the Amazon website.
- Landline and broadband: For landline bill payment, Amazon has partnered with a number of telecom service providers, including Airtel, BSNL, and MTNL. They also have a partnership with a number of broadband service providers, including Airtel Broadband, DEN Broadband, Hathway Broadband, Tikona, and others, for the payment of broadband bills. For a complete list of broadband bill payment firms, go to the Amazon website.
- Property tax: To begin with, Amazon has a property tax payment agreement with two municipal corporations. Pune Municipal Corporation and Vadodara Municipal Corporation are two of them. We should expect them to work with a lot more Municipal Corporations in the future to pay property taxes.
- Premium for life insurance: This is the newest addition to Amazon’s ever-expanding list of utility bill payment options. You may now pay for your life insurance premiums on Amazon. Almost every life insurance company has a relationship with them. We can anticipate them adding premium payment options for both general and health insurance in the future.
Utility bill services that may get added in future
Amazon’s present variety of utility bill paying options is sufficient to meet our fundamental needs. However, there is always room to expand the services offered. More bill payment options, such as metro train recharge, fee payment (school, college, tuition, and other educational institutions), loan EMI payment, FASTag recharge, traffic challan payment, and donations to temples, NGOs, and other charity organizations, are likely to be added in the future.
Is it possible to transfer my Amazon Pay balance to Paytm?
Select Amazon Pay Balance as your payment method and finalize your order. Wait 10-15 minutes before canceling your purchase. Now you must wait for the funds to be refunded to your Club Factory account. You can transfer the money to your Paytm wallet as soon as it arrives in your Club Factory account.
What’s the difference between Amazon Pay and Amazon Pay Universal Payments Interface (UPI)?
What is the distinction between an Amazon pay balance and an Amazon pay UPI? UPI is a debit and credit payment system that utilises your bank account. Amazon Pay is a virtual wallet that allows users to load funds using net banking, UPI, or credit cards. It can also be used both on and off Amazon.
How do I use Alexa to pay my power bill?
Users must ask “Alexa, pay my electricity bill” or “Alexa, replenish my DTH” by tapping on the microphone icon on the Amazon shopping app. Customers who have previously paid bills will be directed to the bill page with pre-fetches information.