Can You View Your Water Bill Online?

My Waterworks Account Manager (MyWAM) enables you to manage and access your Los Angeles County Waterworks Districts (LACWD) account online, as well as examine billing policies and rate information, at any time and from any location.

How can I get a copy of my water bill?

You can also check the amount of your water bill and the status of your water bill on the website of your water supply board. The stages may differ from one water supply board to the next, but they will all be identical to the ones listed below-

You may be required to check in to the portal using your credentials during this procedure. If you have not yet registered on the website, you may need to do so before viewing your water bill.

In California, how can I pay my water bill?

Call 1-866-734-0743 to pay your Cal Water bill over the phone using your bank account, Visa (credit or debit), MasterCard (credit or debit), or Discover (toll-free).

What are the upcoming water and sewer rate increases?

Beginning June 1, 2016, and every year afterwards, the yearly water rates shall be raised upwardly, if applicable, by applying the preceding year’s rate of inflation, according to the Municipal Code of Chicago. This increase is based on the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Consumer Price Index – Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (Chicago All Items) for the 365-day period ending on the most recent January 1. However, any such annual rise must be limited to 105 percent of the preceding year’s rate.

Water and sewer rates rise in lockstep with the rate of inflation. These hikes are required to meet the ongoing costs of delivering safe, clean drinking water as well as eliminating waste water and storm runoff from Chicago’s streets. All of this is performed through a network of purification plants, tunnels, pumping stations, water mains, sewer mains, valves, and structures that need to be maintained on a regular basis. These services are required to meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s water quality criteria. Chicago’s rates for fresh, clean water will remain among the lowest in the country, at less than a cent a gallon.

How do I determine if I have a metered or non-metered account?

Your account type is indicated in the blue box next to the Bill Summary on your consolidated utility bill. It will say whether the account is non-metered, metered, or MeterSave.

How are non-metered accounts billed?

Non-metered accounts are for properties without a water meter to track usage. Non-metered accounts, unlike metered accounts, are charged a set fee depending on characteristics such as building size, lot size, and plumbing fixtures, according to the Municipal Code of Chicago. A breakdown of the computed charges particular to the property is presented on the reverse of non-metered utility bills. See Chapter 11-12-270 of the Chicago Municipal Code for more information on non-metered charges.

How are metered accounts billed?

The actual water usage measured by the water meter is used to bill metered accounts. Water usage is measured in gallons or cubic feet, depending on the type of water meter installed on your home. Metered accounts’ water charges are computed by multiplying the amount of water used by the water rate.

Depending on the property type, metered accounts are billed monthly or bi-weekly.

The Department of Water Management (DWM) is occasionally unable to obtain an accurate meter reading. You will be sent an approximate bill if this happens. When DWM is able to obtain an accurate meter reading, you will be sent a bill that accurately reflects your usage. Customers are encouraged to request the installation of an automatic meter reader to minimize estimated reads that may not accurately reflect real usage. For further information, contact the DWM at 312.747.2862.

Can I manage my utility billing account online?

For utility bills, we now have a new web gateway. The following are some of the useful online features:

You can pay your bills with automatic debits from your bank account using the AutoPay feature. You won’t have to remember to pay your bill if you use AutoPay. There are no service costs, and you will be notified via email before the automated deduction takes place.

What is the Water-Sewer Tax?

Water and sewer tax costs have been included on utility bills since March 2017. The money raised from this tax will be used to make certain pension payments that are required by law. All non-exempt Chicago companies and residents are subject to the tax, which is reported as a distinct line item on utility bills. The Water-Sewer Tax FAQ lists the specific tax rates for each year.

What is the Garbage Fee?

The garbage fee is assessed to all premises that receive waste collection from the City of Chicago Department of Streets and Sanitation. See the Garbage Fee website for further details.

How do I dispute my utility bill?

We recommend paying online, over the phone, or in person at a City of Chicago Department of Finance Payment Center if you have received a notification of water service termination.

Payment plans are available if you are unable to pay your amount in full. More details can be found under utility bill payment plans.

How do I change the name on an account when a property has transferred or is going to be transferred?

Through the Full Payment Certificate Process, the owner’s name is changed. When real estate is transferred in the City of Chicago, the transferor must acquire a Full Payment Certificate (FPC) from the Chicago Department of Finance, as required by ordinance. The FPC application informs the Department of Finance that service should be transferred from the transferor’s name to the transferee’s name.

Please contact the Department of Finance/Utility Billing & Customer Service if you continue to receive invoices in the previous owner’s name. You can request a change by filling out the Change of Owner Name/Mailing Address Form. You may be needed to produce a copy of the deed and/or full payment certificate if Utility Billing & Customer Service does not have a record of the Full Payment Certificate from your closing.

How do I get a refund?

A Refund Application is available for download. Fill out the application completely and thoroughly. Make sure it’s entirely filled out and that you’ve attached all of the required supporting documents. Due to a lack of paperwork, an incomplete application will be declined.

Why am I receiving an estimated bill?

Meters are typically read every 30 to 60 days. The Department of Water Management is occasionally unable to obtain an accurate meter reading. This could happen if we are unable to receive an electronic signal from your meter or if access to the meter is restricted. You will be sent an approximate bill if this happens. When the Department of Water Management is able to obtain an accurate meter reading, you will be sent a bill that accurately reflects your usage.

Customers are encouraged to request the installation of an automatic meter reader to make it easier to collect accurate meter readings and assure accurate billing. For further information, contact the DWM at 312.747.2862.

I received a letter stating that my meter is running continuously, what does this mean?

This letter is being sent to you as a courtesy to alert you about the possibility of a water leak in or on your property. A meter that keeps running is a sign of a leak. It could also be the amount of water you use on a regular basis. This is something you should look into further.

By ordinance, the Department of Finance must bill and collect for all water usage recorded on your water meter. When water has been used, squandered, or lost due to leakage after registration, no account modifications or billing cancellation can be performed.

I received an Orange Notice of Water Service Termination what does this mean?

This implies that owing to non-payment, your water will be turned off as of the date on the notice. You must make payment or enter into a payment plan by the shut-off date on the notice to avoid water service termination.

I received a Yellow Notice of Water Service Termination what does this mean?

This implies that your water will be turned off as of the date on the notice because DWM has been denied access to the building’s water meter. To avoid having your water supply terminated, call DWM at 312.747.9090 to schedule a meter reading within 10 days of the notice’s date.

What should I do if my water has been shut-off for non-payment?

You must either pay your account in full or enroll in an eligible payment plan if you qualify.

Before your water service can be restored, you must sign a Release of Liability if your water has been turned off for more than 30 days.

NOTE: A $500.00 punishment will be imposed if your water is unlawfully restored. The Department of Water Management inspects properties on a regular basis to see if the water has been unlawfully restored.

Can a tenant have the water bill put in their name?

Although a property owner may request that water bills be delivered to a tenant’s name, this does not absolve the owner of the subject property of duty for unpaid utility expenses. To include the tenant’s name in the mailing address, please fill out a Change of Owner Name/Mailing Address Form.

Does filing bankruptcy relieve me of outstanding utility charges?

Your account will be updated to reflect that the bankruptcy was filed for the stated pre-petition charges after you have been notified. All new post-petition charges must be paid in whole and on time by you. We reserve the right to pursue collection actions, including the termination of your water service, if your current costs are not paid.

How do I remove my name from an account for a property lost in foreclosure?

The titleholder of record is responsible for all utility billing account charges up to the date of foreclosure, according to the Chicago Municipal Code. The borrower may still have certain rights to the property until a Foreclosure Deed is signed. The titleholder of record remains liable for utility billing obligations if the foreclosure is only pending (Lis Pendens) and not yet executed.

What is the procedure for checking my water bill by SMS?

Customers with restricted or no internet access can subscribe to get monthly bill alerts through SMS by signing up for an SMS subscription “Water Bill.” By texting MayniladONCANAccount Name to 09191626000, they can do so.

Customers can also enroll in a guided enrollment program “Call Maynilad’s Hotline 1626 or send a private message to Maynilad’s Facebook page or Twitter account to inquire about “My Water Bill.” They only need to supply an email address and/or a cell phone number, and Maynilad’s customer service representatives will take care of the rest.

Customers who have not yet signed up for Maynilad’s “My Water Bill” service can use the company’s freshly extended “Bill on Demand SMS Bill Facility.” Customers who want to know their current bill right away can submit it to 0919-1626-000 by typing MayniladBILLCONTRACT ACCOUNT NUMBER on their cellphones. There is no need to register. Maynilad temporarily paused meter reading and on-site billing activities following the adoption of the ECQ in order to protect the safety of its customers and service providers and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Water bills are now being calculated based on the average consumption of the previous three months, as permitted by the MWSS Regulatory Office (per MWSS RO-OPP-052-03). Corrections will only be added to future bills once the company is able to re-deploy its service providers to do actual meter readings.

In California, how often do you pay your water bill?

Every two months, all residential customers receive a bill. Hover, tap, or click the areas of the bill you’re interested in for details of fees and charges.

Is the water in California safe to drink?

Around 370,000 Californians drink water that may contain high amounts of arsenic, nitrate, or hexavalent chromium, all of which can have serious health consequences if drunk.

In the state of California, access to safe, clean, and inexpensive drinking water has been recognized as a human right since 2012. Federal rules mandate that community water systems be tested on a regular basis for toxins that are detrimental to human health.

However, many California community water systems do not exceed regulatory standards, and as a result, communities of color have been disproportionately affected by hazardous water. Furthermore, many mostly rural households get their drinking water from private residential wells that are largely uncontrolled by the government.

Safe, clean drinking water is becoming more urgent as climate change brings prolonged droughts

To address this widespread problem, the team has created an online Drinking Water Tool that allows policymakers and the general public to check where their water comes from and map areas of the state where groundwater sources are likely contaminated with dangerous levels of arsenic, nitrate, hexavalent chromium, and 1,2,3-Trichrolopropane.

This application also allows users to compare drinking and groundwater quality data with community demographics across the state, as well as model how drought conditions may affect water supply for domestic wells and community water systems serving less than 10,000 people.

Drinking water and its demographic disparities

This study, published in the American Journal of Public Health, is the first to comprehensively analyze demographic differences in drinking water quality across California, quantifying average amounts of numerous chemical pollutants in both community water systems and domestic well regions.

Researchers used information from the state’s communal water systems, domestic well permits, residential tax parcels, building footprints, and demographic data to identify Californian houses that are likely to be served by uncontrolled domestic wells.

They calculated contaminant levels for persons serviced by both community water systems and domestic wells using measurements of drinking water and groundwater contamination taken across the state.

The researchers chose three chemical pollutants for their investigation because of their high frequency in the state and their known toxicity. For starters, arsenic is naturally prevalent in groundwater and can be concentrated when the water table is depleted. Second, due to fertilizer runoff and industrial animal rearing, nitrate contamination of groundwater is frequent in agricultural areas. Finally, industrial and manufacturing processes yield hexavalent chromium.

Rachel Morello-Frosch, a study co-senior author, said: “People served by both community water systems and domestic wells have the right to clean and affordable drinking water under California’s Human Right to Water Law, but implementing this right is difficult for people who rely on domestic wells due to a lack of regulatory infrastructure.

“Our findings strongly suggest that a large number of individuals who rely on domestic wells are likely consuming contaminated water, and they point to areas where targeted evaluations should be conducted to ensure that the human right to water is adequately enforced.”

A lack of information on domestic well water quality and regulatory infrastructure

According to the study, roughly 1.3 million Californians, or about 3.5 percent of the population, rely on household wells for their water supply. More than 150,000 Californians are fed by domestic wells, out of an estimated 370,000 whose water supply was found to possibly contain high quantities of arsenic, nitrate, or hexavalent chromium.

“I believe a lot of people would be surprised to learn that, considering how wealthy the state of California is, we still don’t have universal access to clean drinking water,” study co-senior author Lara Cushing said. We discovered that areas with a higher proportion of persons of color had higher levels of drinking water contamination for the three chemical pollutants we studied.

“While this pattern has been observed in community water systems, particularly in the San Joaquin Valley, our research is one of the first to look at the issue statewide and among domestic well communities that are not served by public water systems.”

“The purpose of the Drinking Water Tool is to give rapid access to data that can guide efforts to protect the state’s drinking water and groundwater supplies, particularly in disadvantaged communities where the hazards are highest,” said Clare Pace, first author of the study.

“In conjunction with the Community Water Center, we’d like to continue to enhance the Drinking Water Tool in response to comments from other groups and decision-makers who can assist ground-truth the data.”

“Our groundwater is becoming a more precious resource in this period of climate change, and we’re witnessing historic levels of drought and well failures,” Cushing stated. Even if a well does not fail, a drop in the water table can have an influence on water quality by concentrating contaminants, exacerbating the problem.”

The researchers point out, however, that because this study only looked at three prevalent contaminants, the results are likely to underestimate the number of Californians who are exposed to dangerous drinking water due to other substances for which data isn’t as readily available.

Is Cal Water a for-profit corporation?

Cal Water, or California Water Service, is an American public utility business that provides drinking water and wastewater services to a number of Californian communities. It was created in 1926 and is situated in San Jose, California. It serves more than 484,900 clients throughout numerous municipal districts.

In order to expand its service coverage into other regions and states, California Water Service founded a new parent holding company, California Water Service Group, in 1997. Shortly after, it made a substantial expansion into Southern California with the $53 million purchase of Dominguez Services Corp., which included Antelope Valley Water Co. and Kern River Valley Water Co. in Cal Water’s service regions.

What is the procedure for canceling Rancho water?

Fill out the form below to begin the process of establishing or cancelling service online for increased convenience. Please allow one business day for your request to be processed (excluding weekends and holidays).