There are 8,378 gas stations in the United Kingdom, including those that are under construction. Since 2000, the number of people has decreased by more than 36%.
In the year 2020, how many petrol stations will there be in the United Kingdom?
The number of petrol stations in the UK was 8,385 by the end of 2020. This was much less than the country’s total number of petrol stations, which stood at 21,750 across the country.
In England, how many petrol stations are there?
- As of 2019, the United Kingdom has 8,385 filling stations, down from over 18,000 in 1992 and around 40,000 in the mid-1960s.
- According to the US Census Bureau, there were 114,474 stations in the United States in 2012, down from 118,756 in 2007 and 121,446 in 2002.
- The number is decreasing in Canada. There were 12,684 stations in service as of December 2008, a considerable decrease from the 20,000 stations registered in 1989.
- From a high of 60,421 in 1994 to a low of 40,357 by the end of 2009 in Japan.
- In 2011, the number in Germany fell to 14,300.
- According to several statistics, China’s total number of gas/oil stations was around 106,000 by the end of 2018.
- 60,799 people in India (as of November 2017)
- In the Russian Federation, there were approximately 25,000 stations (2011)
- There are 3,916 stations in Argentina as of 2014, a 2% decline from the previous year.
How many petrol stations are there in the United Kingdom, according to the interview question?
Let’s start with the answer, because it’s not really the point of the piece: according to Google, the UK had 8,422 petrol stations as of December 2017.
Of course, Googling the answer would be far too easy an option for an interview…and, while I’m not denying that someone who knew this statistic off the top of their head would impress me, what I’m really looking for is 10-15 minutes of interesting discussion about things like Estimates (how many cars there are and the average size of petrol stations); Maths (how these figures can be put together to get something close to the number of petrol stations); and the Co. (i.e. what else they might try).
Some applicants may find it difficult to make any guess at all, but I believe it is worthwhile to pursue this line of inquiry. In our employment, we all need to be able to deal with the ambiguity of working without comprehensive information, as well as be willing to try new things. Candidates are sometimes prepared to try but struggle to generalize, for example, ‘although all petrol stations are different sizes.’ I try everything I can to help them get past it, but if they can’t, it’s a warning to me that they’ll struggle to see the broad picture or come up with creative solutions in their roles.
While the question isn’t a math test, it does give an indication of how comfortable people are with numbers. Under the stress of an interview, a mathematics specialist may easily calculate 60% of 60 million and come up with 360,000. Candidates who are more naturally mathematical will notice their error when I ask them to look at the answer they received.
When the best candidates reach the end of the computation, they begin to suggest ways to improve their estimations and what they might do differently virtually without being asked. They’re also paying attention to the recommendations and queries I’m making. If I feel like it’s been an uphill battle to persuade the applicant to engage with me on the issue at the conclusion of the question, it’s likely that I’ll feel the same way about them on a non-petroleum-station-related topic later on in the job.
The number of petrol stations in the United Kingdom is a fascinating topic! But it’s consistently what provides me with the most information about a prospect. And, yes, there are candidates who excel in all of the aforementioned areas.
In London, how many gas stations are there?
The number of petrol stations in London is only available as far back as 2017, according to Transport for London. In 2017, there were a total of 551. This number is expected to rise to 531 by 2020. Because these figures were calculated using UKMAP data, there may be minor variations due to probable data error. The total number of petrol stations is broken down by borough in the table below.
In the United Kingdom, how many forecourts are there?
According to new study from the Association of Convenience Stores, forecourts in the United Kingdom play an important role in the economy, local communities, and the lives of the people who reside there.
The 2018 Forecourt Report examines how forecourts are transforming as retailers and service providers, adapting and evolving to meet customer demands and technical obstacles.
The following are some of the report’s key findings:
- In the United Kingdom, there are currently 8,418 fuel forecourts, ranging from huge convenience stores to small unmanned kiosks.
- The forecourt industry employs around 95,000 people across the United Kingdom.
- Over the last year, forecourt retailers made over 4.1 billion dollars in sales.
- Over the last year, forecourt retailers have made significant investments in their locations, with an average of 11,309 dollars spent per store on upgrades to the business.
- Half of the UK’s forecourt sites are in rural areas, offering vital services to consumers in otherwise remote places.
The Forecourt Report combines ACS’s main research with that of other reputable organizations such as Experian Catalist, Portland Fuel, Zap-Map, HIM, Nielsen, IGD, and William Reed.
What does it cost to open a fuel station in the United Kingdom?
In the United Kingdom, a franchise fee for a BP Connect store is around 20,000 pounds. In addition, you’ll need roughly $800,000 in liquid assets to cover operating expenditures until you break even. The overall investment, including the expensive cost of real estate and your shop outfit, is projected to be roughly 2,000,000. BP does not provide financial assistance.
In the United Kingdom, how many Tesco gas stations are there?
We have over 600 Tesco Petrol Filling Stations around the UK; simply select your nearest location to learn more about the options available.
What is the finest petrol station in the United Kingdom?
The Top 10 Best Petrol Stations in London, England
- 2.4 mi. Shell. Gas Stations.
- Whetstone Service Station is located 8.1 miles away. Stations that sell gasoline.
- 1.8 mi. Esso Garage. Gas Stations.
- BP Connect. Gas Stations. 6.7 mi.
- 5.6 mi. Murco. Gas Stations.
- 8.2 miles from Sainsbury’s Petrol Station Stations that sell gasoline.
- Shell Service Station 3.7 miles
In India, how many petrol stations are there?
As of November 2017, India had 60,799 petrol stations. Indian Oil (IOCL) owns 26,849, Bharat Petroleum (BPCL) owns 14,675 and Hindustan Petroleum owns 14,161. IOCL has more gas stations than both Canada and the United Kingdom combined. There are around 3,300 petrol stations in the Indian state of Punjab, with more than 2,500 in the state of Haryana alone. Because of the high price of petroleum, many more auto LPG and CNG outlets are being planned.
Petrol stations have also been opened in India by Reliance Industries Ltd, Nayara Energy, Shell India, and ONGC. In India, Shell now has 88 gas stations.
As of October 2014, Essar has 2,225 petrol stations in India that were supplied with gasoline and diesel from its refinery at Vadinar, Gujarat, which produces 280,000 barrels per day (45,000 m3/d).
Indraprastha Gas Limited has opened exclusive CNG fuel stations across India, with a focus on Delhi. In recent years, state oil marketing corporations have begun to create rural gas stations in remote areas, with the goal of assisting farmers and requiring low investment. Aside from gas and diesel, these stations sell pesticides, seeds, lanterns, and other items that farmers require.