The meter number is listed on the front of your electricity bill under the heading “Your electricity consumer.” Your Adani meter number can be found near the total payment amount.
How do I find out what my meter number is?
It’s crucial to know that Kenya Power uses a variety of prepaid meter boxes, and the proper code may vary depending on the one you have. The prepaid meter box’s brand is clearly marked on the box, making it easy to identify.
A client’s initial step in loading a prepaid token is to obtain this meter number. The specific codes are kept in the meter box. For each brand, here’s how to activate a token meter:
- When trying to retrieve your KPLC prepaid meter number, 000# and 100# may also work.
You could also contact KPLC’s prepaid meter customer service. 95551, 0703070707, or 0732170170 are the contact center numbers for all service-related issues.
On a prepaid meter, what is the meter number?
Since the privatization of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), the provision of prepaid meters to Nigerians has been a huge comfort to the general public. There have been various complaints of random meter billings in the past. The majority of people were overcharged for electricity, and some people’s cables were disconnected from the power source because they did not pay their bills.
The advantage of a prepaid meter is that you can choose the value of the power units you want to buy. There are no arbitrary or anticipated billings. I’d walk you through how to replenish your prepaid meter, check your meter balance, and acquire your meter number in a few minutes.
How to recharge your Prepaid Meter
You can replenish your prepaid meter in a few different ways. You can accomplish this in one of two ways: by using a prepaid smart card or by refilling your account online. The latter is a little quicker and less difficult than the former.
If you want to use the smart card, you must first configure it at a PHCN office or disco outlet near you so that you can load, purchase, check, or reclaim power credit.
The procedures needed in refilling your prepaid meter are highlighted below, depending on your choice:
- With your smart meter card, go to any of the nearby dealer outlets or disco offices.
- As proof of successful payment, you’ll be handed a slip with a 20-digit code and a receipt.
- Go to your prepaid meter and correctly enter the 20-digit code on the LCD panel using the UIU Keyboard.
- The screen will display? if you entered the token successfully.
- ACCEPT? This indicates that your prepaid meter has been successfully recharged. If a message appears on the screen, what should you do? REJECT? indicates that the code was not accepted, most likely due to an error in entering the meter codes, and thus the recharge was unsuccessful.
- Open the card door of your meter monitor where your meter is positioned and carefully insert the smart card in the proper direction specified on the card.
- When attempting to recharge the control box, make sure it is linked to a power source.
- When you enter your card, a symbol like this “??-” appears on the monitor unit’s LCD screen. Your meter and smart card are synchronizing, as indicated by the symbol. To avoid harming the smart card and your prepaid meter, you should not tamper with or remove it while the credit loading process is still in progress.
Recharging online from any internet- enabled device
- You’ll see a list of different Nigerian electricity distribution companies, including Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKDC), Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC), Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHEDC), Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO), and Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC), among others. Choose the one that your electricity meter is registered with from the list.
- You’ll be directed to a new page where you may enter your meter number, choose the value of the electric unit you wish to buy (in naira), enter your email and phone number, and then click?
- Confirm your order summary, then choose your preferred payment method (for example, bank transfer or credit card) and input your card information correctly.
- You’ll be brought to the final page, which will confirm your order. Your token will be emailed to your phone number right away. If you successfully enter this token on your prepaid meter, your electric prepaid meter will be promptly credited.
This procedure is simple and faster than the previous ones. It saves you time, energy, and money by eliminating the need to travel to the nearest disco or electricity business hub.
How to check your meter number
It’s simple to find out what your meter number is. Simply hit the blue button after pressing 65. The 11-digit number displayed on the screen is your meter number.
How to check your prepaid balance
To check your prepaid balance or find out how much credit you have left, press 07 on your prepaid keypad and then the blue button. This is how your available balance will appear on the screen (150.15).
This is how you can easily reload and check the balance on your prepaid meter.
What is the best way to check my electricity bill online?
Even though Paytm makes checking your power bill amount very straightforward and quick, if you still want to, you may view your bill online at the official website of your electricity board, such as SBPDCL, TSSPDCL, UPPCL, TNEB, APSPDCL, and so on.
Please keep in mind that the procedure of paying your power bill varies from one electricity board to the next, however there are a few key processes that all electricity boards follow:
This way of paying your electricity bill may be more complicated than the Paytm option. It is so because you must check in to the electrical board’s official website and request extra information in addition to the customer identification number.
Checking the amount of an electricity bill or viewing a sample electricity bill online is a very straightforward and quick operation. You can check it instantaneously on Paytm or by going to the power board’s official website and logging in to their portal, filling out the form to view the bill and submitting it.
Paytm simply requires your customer identification number, which can be found on any of your past bills, to check the amount of your electricity bill. You may discover the location of your customer identity bill on your electricity bills by looking at a sample bill on Paytm.
What is the best way for me to pay my Adani bill online?
- Keep your Credit / Debit / EbixCash information, Net banking User ID & Password, and other important details ready, depending on your preferred bill payment mechanism.
- Choose a payment type and follow the on-screen instructions to pay your power bill online.
- A Transaction Reference Number is issued to you as an acknowledgement receipt.
It takes one working day for your money to be credited to your AEML account, and it takes 3-5 working days for your payment to be reflected on this website.
Why is it telling me that my meter number is invalid?
The customer’s meter number was incorrectly input or was not registered with the municipality. They must contact their local government to have it registered.
How do I check the balance on my meter?
To check your balance, press the “07” key on the keypad and then the blue button. This is how the available balance will be shown. (102.12). Total amount of credit used: To see how much credit was used, press 07 on the keypad and then the blue button, then wait for the response to appear as shown above.
What is the location of the prepaid meter number?
Prepaid meters came as a welcome relief to most Nigerians who were already fed up with paying exorbitant fees.
Customers can now properly budget and pay their electricity bill before they use it by using the prepayment method.
Recharging your electricity meter is similar to topping up your cell phone with airtime. Similarly, you can only use electricity if you credit your meter.
A key meter works by using a specific electronic key that contains your tariff information.
When topped up, a smart card meter communicates the most recent information to your supplier.
Each prepaid meter has a unique ID that ranges from 11 to 7 digits in length. This meter number is frequently made up of a mix of digits and letters.
Each meter number has been made very easy to find, as it is frequently visible above or beneath a bar-code on your meter.
This information can also be found on the front of your meter, carved inside the meter box, or printed on a meter box sticker.
Anyone can now use VTpass to pay their power bills for both prepaid and postpaid meters in a secure, simple, and convenient manner. On VTpass, you can pay for several electric locations such as Ikeja electric, Eko electric, Abuja electric, Port Harcourt electric, Kano electric, and Jos electric.
When purchasing prepaid power, keep in mind that you must provide your proper meter number.